Monday, January 23, 2017

Amazing Hiking-Nina


Three of our team spent our second day in Paraty hiking to Grand Island. Our CEO explained details to us about what we are going to do, how long the whole activity will take, and what we should wear and take with us during the hiking. What I did appreciate is that our CEO reminded us to pack an extra shirt and shorts because my shirt was totally wet after hiking for three hours and I could not help myself to jump into the water at the second I saw the beautiful beach. Our CEO also did a great job of estimating time and energy needed for the hiking.
The most impressive moment of this experience is we scarified our sweats, even blood maybe, for unforgettable views and experience in our lives. Suffers will be paid off, sooner or later. Although the hiking process was not a real suffer, I did doubt why I was doing this when my skin was burning under the super shining Sun. Every single sweat drops were paid off when we saw our three fantastic beaches each by each. The picture below shows how beautiful the beaches are. 
                                                 
This experience will remind me not to give up when I am facing any difficult moments in my future life. And the picture below is the view we saw after we actually climbed onto a small hill using all our hands and legs.

What I learned from this climbing is that if you are willing to effort more, you will get better view.
Moreover, I was impressed by the efforts that local people took on protect their environment. All of these colorful billboards in the picture below, which was took at one of the beautiful beaches, are about environment protection.

However, on the other hand, this may present that the beaches were not protected well before or are not under good protection now.  Positively, people are noticing that they need to keep the beached clean so that more people could have the chance to enjoy the wonderful place. Reducing environmental impact to destinations is one of the concerns of G adventure. This company has done a lot (i.e. using public transportations) try to eliminate environmental impact to the destinations where their tours go.
Overall, the hiking is one of the most impressive and wonderful experiences I had during our trip. I enjoyed the beautiful views and the fantastic surfing experience after a three-hour hiking. The experience is actual a local living experience since we are the only foreigners on the beaches I believe. And our team member and our CEO took care of me when I hurt my big toe by accident on the beach. Thank you all! I will never forget this day wet wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment