Saturday, January 21, 2017

Three Learnings Kaixin

I wasn’t quite sure if I could really learn something through the traveling experience before I register for this course. However, I find this class is really interesting and useful in which all the takeaways could be used in any kind of industry no matter what kind of career I will pursue in the future.
Among all the knowledge that I learned, I think the most important concept is that the society is transforming from the service-based to experience focused. “Today we can identify and describe this fourth economic offering because consumers unquestionably desire experiences, and more and more businesses are responding by explicitly designing and promoting them.” Only focus on customer services could on long satisfy the customers. People are more likely to seeking unique experience. The concept of selling experience is spreading beyond theaters and theme parks. I think it could be applied more in restaurants, hotels and even retails stores. If I were going to do my business or be an attraction management, I will pay more attention to how to create life-changing experience for my customers instead of only focus on customer service.

Another key knowledge that I learned is how to quantitively analysis a product. I was a neutral before and I do not know how to evaluate my experience. I normally will just get a whole picture whether it was good or not without dig into it to find out what part did they went wrong or what part did they achieve good. Through doing the mystery shopping form basically every day during the trip, I start actually think about to divided one product into different sections and analyze each attributes then form one complete evaluation for it. In that way, I can clearly know which attributes are under the company’s control and how to improve it. This method is useful in any kind of product for my future career.

Last but not the least, I think how to work hard during the traveling and the team work skills are also some achievement I have been made. This trip is not a relaxing one, there are lots of physically activities and fun attractions. Our team really enjoying the trips and also, on the other hand, meets every night and discuss the mystery shopping form and project. It was indeed hard and exhausted. However, when it was all done and look back to it, I feel that it is really amazing to achieve all of those and learned that amount of knowledge during only 11 days. It is all worth it for us to pull everything together and had lots of fun.










No comments:

Post a Comment